Saturday, June 29, 2013

Thank you!
Your generosity is appreciated!

Every day I write blog articles, and I am also the only one who responds to the huge volume of correspondence that comes in due to the simultaneous postings of the blog articles on two facebook pages. People from all over the world seek spiritual guidance, many of whom are suffering and have no one else to help them.

I can hardly keep up with the volume of correspondence, and consequently am forced to set priorities that often leave some people wondering why I have not written a personal "thank you note", expressing gratitude for a donation. They see me as remiss in expressing thanks to all our friends and benefactors. To all of you who have felt this way, I ask your forgiveness. Do not think for a moment that your donation is not appreciated, or that it is taken for granted. My desk is piled with envelopes that were received with checks from supporters, and my laptop has numerous PayPal donors that deserve a personal response, so you are not alone.

I record five podcasts each week for Ancient Faith Radio, and am on call 24/7 for police and fire emergencies. I am regularly called upon to lecture at area college campuses, and I receive numerous pilgrims to the monastery every month, especially during these summer months, often simply people who are curious about the monastery, and who are deserving of a personal tour, and having their questions answered.

God has blessed me with a great deal of energy, and I am not complaining about the duties God has placed before me. I just wish to let all of you know that I do notice when you've donated to the monastery, and I do pray for all of you, our benefactors. Even when I seem, by my tardiness in offering thanks, to be ungrateful, I remember each of you in my prayers, and hold you close to my heart.
Please forgive me.

With love in Christ,
Abbot Tryphon


Saturday June 29, 2013 / June 16, 2013
Adoposis of Pentecost. Tone seven.
Fast-free Week. Fast-free

St. John of Shanghai and San Francisco the Wonderworker (movable holiday on the Saturday closest to June 19th).
St. Tychon, bishop of Amathus in Cyprus (425).
Venerable Tikhon of Kaluga or Medin (1492).
Venerable Tikhon of Lukhov (1503).
Venerable Moses of Optina, founder of the Optina Skete (1862).
New Martyr Hermogenes (Germogen), bishop of Tobolsk, Euphremius, Michael and Peter priests and Martyr Constantine (1918).
Translation of the relics (2002) of St. Theophan the Recluse, bishop of Tambov (1894).
Martyrs Tigrius and Eutropius of Constantinople (404).
Venerable Tikhon of Krestogorsk (Vologda).
St. Mark the Just of Apollonias, nephew of the Apostle Barnabas.
Five Martyrs of Nicomedia (Greek).
Forty Martyrs of Rome (Greek).
St. Kaikhosro the Georgian (1612) (Georgia).
St. Ismael, bishop of Menevia. 

You can read the life of the saint in red, by clicking on the name.

THANKS to all of you who have been able to contribute towards the support of the monastery. These difficult times of economic hardship have impacted the monastery, and those of you who have been able to donate, have been our lifeline. May God bless you for your generosity, and kindness.
With love in Christ,  
Abbot Tryphon


Donations can be made directly to the monastery through PayPal, or you may send donations to:

All-Merciful Saviour Monastery
PO Box 2420
Vashon Island, WA 98070-2420 USA

The Scripture Readings for the Day

Romans 1:7-12

To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Desire to Visit Rome

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers, 10 making request if, by some means, now at last I may find a way in the will of God to come to you. 11 For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established— 12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.


Matthew 5:42-48

42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.

Love Your Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment