Saturday, October 22, 2011

Orthodoxy

Sharing Orthodoxy at the Puget Sound Zen Center
The Wellspring of Life

It is unfathomable for me to think what my life might have been like had I never become Orthodox, never entered the monastic life. The joy I feel at having tasted from the ocean of grace that is Orthodoxy! She has filled me, completed me, made me whole. Her gates opened to me a wellspring of hope that has enriched me beyond my wildest dreams. Her doors have opened to me a world of beauty and mystery that I am compelled by my love of others, to share. The wealth of her treasure must be shared, must be imparted to the whole of humankind. She offers to a broken world the answer to every question, the source of every need, the cure for every ailment.

With love in Christ,

Abbot Tryphon
Sharing Orthodoxy at Mt. Rainer Lutheran High School

Saturday October 22, 2011 / October 9, 2011

19th Week after Pentecost. 
Holy Apostle James, son of Alphaeus (1st c.).
Venerable Andronicus and his wife Venerable Athanasia of Egypt (500).
New Hieromartyrs Constantine and Peter priests (1918).
New Hieromartyr Constantine priest (1937).
Righteous Forefather Abraham (2000 B.C.) and his nephew Righteous Lot.
Martyrs Juventius and Maximus at Antioch (4th c.).
St. Publia the Confessor of Antioch (360).
Venerable Peter of Galatia (9th c.).
Icons of the Most Holy Theotokos "Korsun" (Cherson) and "Assuage My Sorrow".
St. Stephen the New of Serbia (1427) (Serbia).
St. Demetrius, patriarch of Alexandria (231).
Hieromartyr Dionysius (Denis, Denys) of Paris, bishop (258) (Celtic & British).
Venerable Stephen the Blind, king of Serbia (1468).




1 Corinthians 15:58-16:3

 

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 16

Collection for the Saints
 1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given orders to the churches of Galatia, so you must do also: 2 On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come. 3 And when I come, whomever you approve by your letters I will send to bear your gift to Jerusalem.

Luke 5:27-32

Matthew the Tax Collector


27 After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” 28 So he left all, rose up, and followed Him.
29 Then Levi gave Him a great feast in his own house. And there were a great number of tax collectors and others who sat down with them. 30 And their scribes and the Pharisees complained against His disciples, saying, “Why do You eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”
31 Jesus answered and said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

No comments:

Post a Comment