Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Iveron Icon of the Holy Virgin
Healed through the intercession 
of the Holy Virgin

Having been admitted to Swedish Medical Center yesterday for the expected stents or bypass surgery, my cardiologist, Doctor Peter Albro, was surprised to find no blockage whatsoever. My arteries were clear and my heart muscle is strong! 

I'd been anointing myself with holy myrrh from the Iveron Icon of the Mother of God of Montreal and believe I was healed by the Most Holy Mother of God's intercession, as well as the prayers of countless people such as yourselves. We have an exact reproduction of the this icon (see above) and a vial holding myrrh soaked cotton from that icon which has been replenishing itself for the past seventeen years. The myrrh had been flowing more than ever since the morning of the Feast of the Transfiguration. I have no doubt whatsoever that I was healed by this holy myrrh. 

The look of surprise on my doctor's face will stay with me for a long time. Glory to God! All the previous tests had shown blockage. I give thanks to Almighty God for His great and abundant mercy.

I wish to thank all of you for your holy prayers and support. I received countless emails and phone calls from so many of my friends, fellow priests and faithful Christians. Thank you!

With love in Christ,
Abbot Tryphon

THE MYRRH-STREAMING ICON
OF THE IVERON MOTHER OF GOD

10 comments:

  1. Fr. Tryphon! I'm really glad to hear this! The icon recently visited us in Calistoga. I was praying fervently that she heal me of this really demoralizing eye problem I've been afflicted with since december. Your story has reinforced my faith that The Mother of God may in fact heal me. Of course, I don't deserve it!! ug!! :)
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God grant you many years, Abbot Tryphon! Glory to God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise be to God! All our prayers were answered for your continued good health. I having been praying to St. Anthony the Great and lit a candle before his icon on Monday in preparation for your surgery. When I requested healing, I meant for a successful treatment and recovery. Our gracious God had better plans. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAH! Glad to hear this! You have been much in my prayers, and I *always* love to hear of the miracles of the saints and the Mother of God that flummox all these hot-shots who think they've seen everything and know exactly how to proceed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glory to God! May He grant you many years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glory to God! I have been praying for you and am so happy to hear this news. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise the Lord,Glory to God! He wants you to continue to inspire all of us, many Blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glory to God! A birthday gift from the Theotokos to you - at her birthday.

    Dana Ames

    ReplyDelete
  9. (Thanks) To quote another: http://ascending-the-ladder.blogspot.com/search?q=thanks
    Glory be for all things to the most merciful God, Who pours out His ineffable blessings upon us in every circumstance. For the Fount of goodness can produce no other waves but waves of goodness. Man, often not recognizing this, murmurs against the all-gracious One.

    Hieromonk Macarius

    ReplyDelete