Thursday, September 1, 2011

 Ancient Faith Radio

http://ancientfaith.com/

My debut is set for Monday, September 5th

Good morning to all of you! I apologize for being tardy with today's blog but I had a full day off island yesterday and was too exhausted to write anything upon my return. This morning I did something I never do, I slept in! Didn't even hear the bells calling the monastic community to prayers.

I've been asked to become a PodCaster with Ancient Faith Radio, an English language on line radio station that is heard in 151 countries around the world. My PodCast will be called The Morning Offering and is scheduled for it's debut on Monday, September 5th.

Growing up listening to the syndicated radio show, The Lutheran Hour, I am filled with joy at having been granted this opportunity to reach out to an even broader audience with what I hope will be inspiration that helps people in their daily struggles. These PodCasts will be about four or five minutes in length and will be posted Monday through Friday.

Please keep me in your prayers as I venture into this new ministry, one that I am very excited about.

Yesterday I met with my cardiologist and am scheduled to enter Providence Hospital in Seattle on Tuesday September 6th for either stents or bypass surgery. Please keep me in your prayers.

With love in Christ,
Abbot Tryphon




Thursday September 1, 2011 / August 19, 2011
12th Week after Pentecost. Tone two.
Afterfeast of the Dormition. 

Martyr Andrew Stratelates and 2,593 soldiers with him in Cilicia (3rd c.).
St. Nicholas priest (1933).
St. Pitirim, bishop of Perm (1455).
Martyrs Timothy, Agapius, and Thecla of Palestine (304).
Icon of the Most Holy Theotokos "Of the Don" (1591).
Uncovering of the relics of Venerable Gennadius, abbot of Kostroma (1565).
Venerable Theophanes, new wonderworker of Macedonia (Mt. Athos) (15th c.) (Greek).
St. Credan, abbot of Evesham.


2 Corinthians 7:1-10

 

 1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
The Corinthians’ Repentance
2 Open your hearts to us. We have wronged no one, we have corrupted no one, we have cheated no one. 3 I do not say this to condemn; for I have said before that you are in our hearts, to die together and to live together. 4 Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my boasting on your behalf. I am filled with comfort. I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulation.
5 For indeed, when we came to Macedonia, our bodies had no rest, but we were troubled on every side. Outside were conflicts, inside were fears. 6 Nevertheless God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus, 7 and not only by his coming, but also by the consolation with which he was comforted in you, when he told us of your earnest desire, your mourning, your zeal for me, so that I rejoiced even more.
8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while. 9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Mark 1:29-35

 

Peter’s Mother-in-Law Healed

29 Now as soon as they had come out of the synagogue, they entered the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John. 30 But Simon’s wife’s mother lay sick with a fever, and they told Him about her at once. 31 So He came and took her by the hand and lifted her up, and immediately the fever left her. And she served them.
Many Healed After Sabbath Sunset
 
32 At evening, when the sun had set, they brought to Him all who were sick and those who were demon-possessed. 33 And the whole city was gathered together at the door. 34 Then He healed many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He did not allow the demons to speak, because they knew Him.
Preaching in Galilee
35 Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment