Sunday, September 19, 2010


September 19 / 6

Saints of the Day:
Commemoration of the Miracle of the Archangel Michael at Colossae (Chonae) Martyr Eudoxius and those withhim Martyrs Romulus, Zeno, Macarius and 11,000 others in Armenia. St. Archippus of Herapolis. Martyrs Cyriacus, Faustus,Abibus, and 11 others at Alexandria. Hieromartyr Cyril, Bishop of Gortyna. St. David of Hermpolis in Egypt. Martyrs Calodote,Macarius, Andrew, Cyriacus, Dionysius, Andrew the soldier, Andropelagia, Thecla, Theoctistus, and Sarapabon the senator, inEgypt. Repose of Paisius the New of Mt. Athos (1871).
 
Quote of the Day:
"I offer light to the Lord, in order that He may bestow the light of grace, spiritual light, upon me, that He may lead me from the darkness of sin into the light of the knowledge of God and of virtue; I offer fire that the fire of the grace of the Holy Spirit may be kindled in my heart, and that it quench the fire of vices of that miserable heart. I bring a light that I myself may become a light, burning and shining to all that are in the church."
 
St. John of Kronstadt
"My Life in Christ"

Photo of the Day:
Protection of the Holy Virgin Monastery Church.

Scripture Readings for the Day:
2 Corinthians 6:16-7:1

16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:


      “ I will dwell in them
      And walk among them.
      I will be their God,
      And they shall be My people.”
  
17 Therefore



      “ Come out from among them
      And be separate, says the Lord.
      Do not touch what is unclean,
      And I will receive you.”
       18 “ I will be a Father to you,
      And you shall be My sons and daughters,
      Says the LORD Almighty.”

2 Corinthians 7

 1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Matthew 15:21-28
A Gentile Shows Her Faith
21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed.”
23 But He answered her not a word.
And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, “Send her away, for she cries out after us.”
24 But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
25 Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”
26 But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.”
27 And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”
28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment